Other Ways to Give

Your donation will provide food for the hungry, medical care for the sick, and other services that protect and transform the lives of those experiencing homelessness in our community.


To make a credit card donation over the phone, please call 202.797.8806 and say "Monetary Donations" when prompted.

To make a donation by mail, please print out and mail this Contribution Form to:

71 O Street, NW
Washington DC 20001

Monthly Giving

You can provide consistent support to SOME with monthly contributions that are automatically deducted from your checking account or credit card. You will retain complete control of your giving and may increase, decrease, or suspend your contributions at any time via our Self-Service Portal.

To make a monthly gift by credit card, visit our online form.

To make a monthly gift from your checking account, please contact Crystal Schanette at 202.701.1225 or [email protected]

Honor and Memorial Gifts

Honor the memory of a loved one or celebrate a special event in a friend or family member’s life by making a gift in their name. We will notify them of your gift via a personalized email or, if you choose, a personalized card.  Due to time constraints, our limited staff is unable to hand-write cards for more than 10 recipients.  We would be happy to mail the blank cards and envelopes to you. 

Select the “I’d like to make this contribution in honor or memory of someone” option on our online form or call 202.750.3738 to send a card by mail.

If your loved one has selected SOME as the beneficiary of memorial gifts, please let us know at 202.750.3738.

Bequests and Planned Giving

Your planned gift to SOME may be part of a comprehensive estate plan that will enable you to provide for family, loved ones, and SOME, in ways that maximize personal objectives and minimize taxes. It may also complete a lifetime of giving or allow one to make a gift that might not have been possible during one’s lifetime.

To receive a hard-copy of our planned giving booklet, “Legacy of Hope” please contact Linda Parisi, Chief Development Officer at 202.292.4413 or [email protected]. SOME’s legal name is SOME, Inc. (So Others Might Eat). SOME’s Federal Tax ID Number is 23-7098123.

Corporate Matching Gifts

An easy way to double your contribution is through employee giving programs. Many corporations have giving programs in which they match employee gifts to qualifying organizations. If you volunteer with us, your employer may also provide us with a grant as a way to recognize your ongoing support. Learn more.

Stock, Bonds, IRA

You can donate stocks or bonds, transfer a mutual fund, or transfer an IRA distribution to SOME.

Stocks or Bonds

The two-step procedure for donating stock or bonds to SOME is as follows:

  1. Transfer the gift directly to our investment account at
    Charles Schwab 
    DTC Firm Number: 0164 
    Code 40
    Account Name: SOME, Inc.
    Account Number: 1752-4701
  2. Notify SOME of your gift by contacting Ingrid Feigenbaum at [email protected] or at 202.750.3738. Please include the name and number of shares of the stock, bonds, or funds donated, and your full name and address, including a phone number in case our broker needs additional information.

Step 2 is very important because it will allow us to record and to thank you for your gift. We will not know who you are if you or your broker does not notify us. If stock that you have held for more than a year has increased, you will maximize your tax benefits by donating it. You can deduct (to the extent provided by law) the mean value of the stock on the day SOME receives it into our account.

Mutual Funds

If you have a Vanguard account, you can easily transfer mutual funds to SOME. Download the “Giving Fund Shares to Organizations” Form  from the Vanguard website, fill it in, and mail or email it to Linda Parisi at [email protected]  for completion. We will send it to Vanguard for processing. If you are planning your transaction to occur in a particular year, please send the forms to us at least 10 days before the last business day of that year.


Transferring an IRA distribution to a charity allows retirees to avoid paying income tax on the amount withdrawn, and these qualified charitable distributions can be used to satisfy IRA required minimum distributions. Qualifying distributions may be made in amounts up to $100,000 per year. Learn more here.

Vehicle Donations

SOME accepts all types of vehicles from all 50 states. Please click here or call 844-SOME-AUTO to learn more.

Workplace Giving

You may designate SOME in your Combined Federal Campaign (#74405) or United Way Campaign (#8189) giving.