Single Adult Housing
HOUSING LOTTERY IS NOW CLOSED
Our General Intake Housing Lottery is now closed. The housing lottery system will be used to randomly select individuals meeting our eligibility requirements to move forward and apply for Single Adult Housing.
Individuals who have been randomly selected to move forward with the application process will be contacted via the phone number provided on their registration form.
We will contact all individuals via email who submitted a registration within 5 business days to let them know whether or not they have been randomly selected to move forward with the SOME Single Adult Housing Application process.
The eligibility criteria for the Single Adult Housing (SAH) program is listed below:
- Must have 6 months of documented clean time from drugs and alcohol;
- Must have an income;
- Have no recent history (within the past year) of violent behavior;
- Must be eligible under the District of Columbia Housing Authority (DCHA):
- Cannot be a lifetime register on the Sex Offender Registry
- Cannot not owe DCHA money (unless applicant is willing to settle the debt)
SOME’s affordable housing for single adults provides safe, affordable, long-term housing with supportive services for single adults 18 years of age or older. All residents are required to sign a lease with SOME and to pay rent (30% of their gross monthly income). SOME owns over 700 Single Room Occupancy (SRO) units and efficiency apartments, which include the following amenities:
- Dining Room
- Clean and sober housing - alcohol and drug-free environment
- Private, fully furnished individual units
- Laundry facilities on-site
- Manager who lives on the property
- Common area with computer access (some units include cable and internet)
- All utilities included in the rent
- Some units furnished with flat screen televisions
- Located close to public transportation
Residents work with program staff to repair credit, save money, set and meet goals, enroll in job training, and find and maintain employment.
- Personal Assistance
- Employment Services
- Job Readiness Activities
- Dental Services
- Help with Stress and Emotional Health
- Medical Services
- Counseling on Home Ownership Options
- Budget Planning
- Computer Classes and Assistance
- Community Clubs
- Health and Wellness Activities
Apply for Housing: Currently, we have no vacancies.
Questions? Email [email protected].
Eligibility: Applicants must be/have:
- Must have income
- Must have 6 months of documented clean time
- Have no recent history (1 year) of violent behavior
- Cannot be a lifetime registered sex offender
- Cannot owe DCHA any money
- Be a single person, aged 18 or older